RCS Publications Ltd. was founded in 1991 upon the complementary skills, experiences and interests of the owners, Rita C. and R. Craig Stevens. The firm’s purpose is to
1) Provide affordable, high quality print-oriented services including consultation, writing, editing, design and composition and
2) Publish high quality, regionally oriented periodicals under the company name and for independent clients.
• In January 1993 RCS successfully launched a regional franchise for a monthly business-to-business magazine for the home building and remodeling industry.
• In January 1997 RCS embarked upon a new venture to independently produce a totally new magazine, Capital Region Building, which covers the residential building and remodeling industry.
• In February 2004 RCS responded to industry and consumer requests and made Capital Region Building available to the general public via retail outlets.
• In March 2009 RCS further expanded readership opportunities by establishing Capital Region Building as a “page-turning” Internet “e’zine” via the company’s web site.
• In the fall of 2009 RCS began a new consumer publication, Active Maturity, to fulfill the need for a regional magazine dedicated to readers in their second half of life.
Rita Stevens has spent her entire professional life working in the publications field. A graduate of the College of St. Rose with advance study in design at Albany University, Rita has worked for a general publishing house and a book publisher. She had a lengthy tenure as director of publications for a prominent statewide educational association. She has been responsible for the editorial and artistic aspects of numerous magazines, scores of books, monographs, pamphlets, and advertising and promotional materials. She is the majority partner for RCS with primary responsibility for conceptual graphic design, photography, production and promotion.
Craig Stevens was a National Merit Scholar who holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in political science and public policy and administration, respectively. He earned a master’s degree in teaching and certificates of achievement in doctoral programs in both political science and educational administration. He taught for Binghamton University and Upstate Medical College and for three separate purposes he worked for the SUNY Research Foundation. He has contributed to books and magazines on both educational and non-educational topics and he is co-author of a book on management. Craig has primary responsibility for the original writing and for the editing of material found within many of the firm’s products, and for business matters related to the company.